Sometimes you just need comfort food. You survey the contents of your fridge for what you can eat or make. This exact event lead me to meatballs.
So easy, so delicious and so diverse. You'll need:
- 1 lbs-ish ground beef. I used extralean.
- Half an onion chopped as finely as your tears can stand.
- 1/4 cup-ish GF Breadcrumbs. I used Kinnickinnick
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp chopped garlic or 2 cloves garlic.
- Parsley to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Pre-heat oven to 400F. As mentioned, chop onion as finely as you can. My eyes watered a lot so mine was not that fine but certainly did the job. Put everything into a bowl and mix really well. No special order. Dump. Mix. Now get a cookie sheet or flat pan of some sort. You have two choices:
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon. Roll in hands. Put on cookie sheet. Or...
- If you are squeamish like me and the thought of handling raw meat make you feel ill, use your cookie dough scooper! See where I professed my love here - honestly best $13 ever spent.
Once you have that all put in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked all the way though. Serve as a main or appie with some sauce (I made a honey garlic sauce from scratch like a boss), in sauce with spaghetti. Really, however you want.